Friday, June 19, 2009

Hips Don't Lie...Neither Do Photos

So my awesome (read: super lame and annoying) boss called me into her office at 4:55pm today to tell me how inappropriate and unprofessional I am because I put my hand on my hip and told her I'd be taking a few days off in the near future. When I apologized and said I didn't mean to be rude and that it's just habit that I put my hand on my hips, she told me that NO, I do not usually stand like that and it really 'pissed her off' that I did. End of story.

Rest assured, this has been a Miller and Higdon trait for many generations...I had little hope of escaping the widely adopted stance. Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?


Here I am in Bullhead with my friend Christine:



And here I am on my 21st birthday in Vegas:




Here I am apparently ruining Ashley's graduation and wedding with my hand/hip combo:



Ugh. I'm so rude. How do my co-workers stand it when I act so inappropriately?:




Even when I'm on vacation in Hawaii, I just have to go and ruin everything...

Or visiting family in Iowa --- I told you it was a dominant gene embedded into our DNA:
We've even managed to pass the despicable trait onto the next generation *gasps in horror*:

WE MUST BE STOPPED!!! I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to any and all of you who have been so horribly offended by the Higdon Hand/Hip Hold. Seriously, I'll pay for the hours of therapy it has apparently caused you. Really, so sorry!

No comments: