Monday, June 27, 2011

Heidi - Can I See You In My Office, Please??

Recently, my company has 'merged with' (read: been acquired by) a larger chapter and beginning on July 1, there will be some changes.  Being as such, our new Human Resources department made a 3 hour drive on Friday to meet with us and go over the changes.

Things were pretty run of the mill; medical/dental/vision coverage, don't sexually harass your co-workers (I'm going to have to make a note to myself on that one), wear appropriate clothing, notify your supervisor when you will not be coming to work, yadda yadda yadda.  I was on board with everything until we got to this all important page of the handbook:




Ahh yes, one of my favorite subjects.  Let's take a look at our list:



Anyone else notice anything missing?  Because I can't seem to find 'Day After Thanksgiving' on here.  I asked if it was a typo, and was reassured that no, that was an accurate description of our holiday time.  Seeing the impending hissy fit about to happen, the HR Director told me not to fret, because we get our birthday off so it evens out.  Ummm, no.  If I am home on my birthday, who will shower me with love and adoration and presents?  When will my office be decorated?  THIS is what my birthday at work should look like:



He said that if I really wanted to come to work on my birthday that I could have any other day in that month off as my designated birthday day off.  Light bulb! Oh, I'm getting the Day after Thanksgiving off!!

This is how I proceeded to fill out EVERY piece of new hire paperwork (20 - 25 official documents) that I turned in at the end of our 5 hour meeting before HR had to drive 3 hours home. 



My guess is that they won't notice until today, so I am taking a personal day to allow them to cool off before what I can only guess is an upcoming one-on-one HR meeting...

No comments: