Tuesday, February 10, 2009

WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for my words while under anesthesia!

So last Friday was the big day. The day my cutie patootie podiatrist decided to drill holes into my foot to get rid of the then-mystery foot infection I had. Turns out it was a soft tissue tumor. Don't ask.




I like to think that every experience is an opportunity to learn something, and I will now enlighten all of you with the wisdom I have gained:





1. When you are scheduled for a 1pm procedure, don't expect to be taken in until around 5pm.





2. IVs HURT! Contrary to my naive wishful thinking, it feels nothing like getting blood drawn.





3. Hospitals are cold. Very, very cold.





4. Anesthesia makes me say very inappropriate things and increases my already high flirtation tendencies to a dangerous level. Sorry for asking if you had a foot fetish, Dr. Rich Hottie.





5. Vicodin is a blessing and whoever created it deserves a medal.





6. Hopping is a rare and precious skill and I think I could probably win a competition at this point in time.





7. Doctors are cheap. No matter how many of them I asked, nobody would buy a foursome in my golf tournament. Maybe because I was the loud flirty girl in Recovery Bay 26 that everyone thought was hilarious? While it is true that I am a hoot and a half, I was not joking. I was just trying to get some work done!





8. Jimmy Johns tastes even better than usual when you have been deprived of food and water for 22 hours. Yum!





9. My anesthesiologist's dog died of ALL in December. Leukemia is the #1 killer of cats, but very rare in dogs. True story.





10. Getting holes drilled into your foot causes swelling. Lots and lots of swelling:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your foot :(

Surgery is no fun!