Sunday, May 3, 2009

What's Behind Door #3??

I know. I know. It's been a while since you've heard from me, but a lot has been happening in my world lately. So after 3+ months back in the wrong relationship with the wrong man, I am once again single and ready to mingle. And mingled I have.


Door #1: A dear friend of mine set me up with a hottie with a body mere moments after learning that I was back in the game. He was tall, tattooed, owned more bibles than anyone should, and had muscles upon muscles upon muscles. So far, so good. I learned that he made good money working construction, is divorced, and has a young child. I was still on board. He took me on fun dates, hung out with my friends, brought me flowers and sweet cards, and showed more acceptance of my busy work schedule than anyone I had ever met. Getting better. He called me every day, would drop everything to be with me when I asked, and revealed his raging temper and violent history. I think we've found the catch...


Door #2: Last Tuesday I arrived at the Clark County District Courthouse to answer my very first jury summons. As excited as I was at the possibility of jury duty (Seriously. Unlike most people, this good citizen did everything I could to avoid getting excused), I was even more excited at the prospect of the good looking man who just walked in and sat next to me. Turns out he was thinking the same thing, we struck up a conversation, and four hours later he was walking me to my car and we were exchanging numbers. He was much shorter than any man that I have ever been interested in, but he had lots of piercings, muscles upon muscles, and mentioned that he went to the same church as me. So far, so good. I learned that he made good money working construction, is divorced, and has a young child. Sound familiar? I was still on board. After learning each other's life story (you learn a lot about a person when you're stuck in a jury selection room for 4 hours together), we went out for drinks last night and enjoyed some beers, kamakaze shots, great conversation, and even a few smooches. Getting better. Then we started talking about kids and he asked me if I wanted them - I said that I absolutely did (just not anytime soon) and asked him if he wanted more, to which I got, 'Here's the thing...I can't have any more. I had a vasectomy when my son was a year and a half.' I think we've found the catch...


You can see my predicament. By all reasonable accounts, I have made two identical choices. They are within 3 years of each other both in their mid-late 30s (sorry Dad!), have the bad boy look with tattoos and/or piercings, both work construction, both workout religiously and have amazing bodies to show for it, both are divorced, and both have a child under the age of 8. The only real differences are their height and their hang-up. So what's a girl to do? Do I stick to Tall With A Temper, or take my chances on Short And Spermless???


Stay tuned to see how this one turns out. Something tells me that this interesting story has just begun...

1 comment:

christinegwen said...

First of all I absolutely love the nick names for them! Tall with a Temper or Short and Spermless. That is awesome!
Well, I may be biased considering I met Tall with a Temper, but he seems like a good guy. The only thing I am wondering about is how he showed you the temper?? Was it just from stories or was it directed at you? If it was directed at you, I pick Short and Spermless. Even though he's definitely just a Mr. Right Now since you want kids.