Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Inappropriate Family

While attending my oldest nephew's high school graduation party, I overheard him give a blanket apology to each arriving guest about his aunts and our behavior when 'more than 2 of them get together' and I was completely shocked!  Us?  Inappropriate?  Never.

His Grandfather, our father, who thinks it is perfectly acceptable to show up to my place of work half-naked and stand in the middle of the street talking to my BOSS with no immediate concern for putting on his clothes and then LOUDLY proclaiming to all of my co-workers that this building used to be a medical office where he used to have his prostate checked?  Sure.  I could see issuing an immediate apology for him.  But the Higdon sisters??  We are classy ladies. 

Is shopping inappropriate?



Or dancing?



How about staying hydrated?  What's inappropriate about that?


Here we are siezing a couple of wholesome family photo ops:




What could be more innocent than a massage and a piggy back ride?



Hmmm.  I'm beginning to see his point.  So maybe we're a little over the top.  Don't hate us because we're beautiful!




Dear Skyler,

We're sorry.  You should probably stop inviting us places :)




No comments: